We had a great Relay Rally and Event Leadership Meeting!
With SW Valley Relay For Life only 2 months away.
We need to start kicking it into gear! Our Goal this year is $67,000!
1) GET REGISTERED! If you have not registered, get your team up and running and start to build your team. This really helps us plan for the event better so that on October 7th, you have the NIGHT OF YOUR LIFE. Also by the number registered, we determine our shirt counts for Survivors, Caregivers and HOPE CLUB winners. Those who register before August 24th will be guaranteed their HOPE CLUB for raising $100 the night of the event. If you register after the 24th, you will still earn your shirt, but you may need to wait until we place a 2nd order for the shirts.
2) SPONSORSHIPS! If you didn't know, SW Valley Relay For Life counts any Corporate Sponsorships toward an individual's and team's fundraising efforts. If you need a Sponsorship Packet, please email Teresa Bible, firstname.lastname@example.org. If your company or a company you know would like to sponsor this awesome event and get exposure to 1,000's of passionate people involved in the FIGHT AGAINST CANCER, we need their sponsorship paperwork in by August 29th. We also need a high resolution logo to make sure their business is represented for the level they sponsored.
3) LUMINARIA PHOTOS - It is that time again! Each year we host an awesome Luminaria Ceremony to honor those who are currently fighting cancer and those we unfortunately have lost their life to this horrible disease. Please send a JPG image of the photo to email@example.com if you would like to have it included in our ceremony.
4) LUMINARIA BAGS - Make sure you are promoting the sell of Luminaria Bags at all your fundraisers. This is an easy way to earn your $100 Hope Club Shirt. Bags sell for $10 per bag.
5) Help us Help Others - The night of Relay we have a chance to raise money for both The American Cancer Society and Up By Their Bootstraps (a charity that helps veterans obtain work and housing).
We need help either getting gift cards to Walmart, Safeway or Fry's or getting the following items:
30 lbs Hamburger Meat
30 lbs chicken
10 packages tortillas
2 (5lb) bags of pancake premix
10 packages of bacon
6 cases soda assortment
If you can help with any of these items or would be willing to donate a giftcard to a local grocery store, please email Stacy Bauman firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you will be available to volunteer the night of our event, we would love to have you! Please contact Teresa Bible, Event Lead email@example.com
Host a Fundraiser
Been thinking about having a yard sale? Do you like to bake? Maybe your favorite restaurant would be interested in donating a part of their sales to a good cause? These are just a few ideas for hosting a Relay For Life fundraiser. These types of group fundraisers are a quick way to get you closer to your fundraising goal.
When you host a fundraiser, be sure to let us know, and we'll help you promote it.
623-853-3290 or view Online Help
American Cancer Society
ATTN: SW Valley Relay for Life
4550 E Bell Rd Ste 126
Phoenix, AZ 85032