Applause For The Cause
Why "Applause For The Cause"?
Starting in May of 1992 we had NO idea that our Tuesday night karaoke show at the Black Duck Cafe would still be rockin' on in 2017! In those 25 years SO many people have come through that crooked front door to "eat, drink, sing and go nuts (not necessarily in that order)" on a Tuesday night! So we're excited to celebrate an amazing 25 year run of music, fun and friendships!!
But we also know that virtually everyone who has joined us over the years has been touched in some way by cancer with either the loss of a loved one or their own personal struggle. So for our 25th anniversary we'd like to harness the power of song and the joy of connecting with friends, and raise $10,000 for the American Cancer Society - an organization dedicated to cancer treatment and support, research and sharing of expert information; an organization dedicated to freeing the world of this devastating illness. We're calling our event "Black Duck 25 - Applause For The Cause" and we'd love your help!
Here's our plan and here's how you can participate or support us in some way:
The event will be held on two consecutive Tuesday nights:
June 13th and 20th at the Black Duck Café in Westport.
June 20th will be the "Sing-a-thon" - & - June 13th will be "It's Only a Pay-Per-Tune"
June 20th - "Sing-a-Thon"
- This night will feature four time slots per hour over a three hour period (9:00 to 12:00)
- Each time slot will allow the team leader three songs to sing (up to 15 minutes total)
- The team leader will set a goal of raising $500 in donations. Friends and family can donate directly and securely to thier team through this website. (see below)
- Team leaders can do whatever they like with their time slot - perform solo, duo or more or donate it to another singer.
- The team leader will have their own web page in which to securely solicit and keep a running tally of donations from friends, family, etc.
- Once you've signed up, contact email@example.com to confirm receipt and schedule your time slot
- Time slots will be scheduled on a first come, first serve basis
- Team leaders will receive a "Black Duck 25 - Applause For The Cause" tee shirt
June 13th - "It's Only A Pay-Per-Tune"
- Make a $25 donation for each song you sing... or give them to another singer if youd like.
- To sign up, contact Leigh Henry at firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule your time slot, then click Donate Now to make your donation.
- Time slots will be scheduled on a first come, first serve basis.
Or just donate to the American Cancer Society through this site no song-no strings but support a great cause!
All donations made through this site are tax deductible.
Please contact email@example.com if you or your business would like to donate any product or services for raffle prizes or sponsorship.
This will be an amazing two nights - part "class reunion", part fundraiser and definitely "Black Duck Karaoke" at its best, so we hope you can participate in some way and make this a huge success!