Participate in This Event or find another event
Saturday June 27, 2015
Rockford Christian Schools
1401 N Bell School Rd, Rockford, IL Map it
Already a participant?
Log in here
Total above may not reflect all participants, teams, and donations
THANK YOU TO EVERYONE WHO SUPPORTED
2015 RELAY FOR LIFE OF WINNEBAGO COUNTY
If you missed the Relay For Life of Winnebago County or want to share the memories with others be sure to go to our Facebook page and post photos, tag photos, tell us what you thought of the celebration: www.facebook.com/relayforlifewinnebagoil
Our goal is $110,000
Please note: Donations from Relay For Life of Rockton/Roscoe
(still taking donations until August 31, 2015) and
Bark For Life of Pecatonica (event is on Saturday, August 29, 2015) will go towards this goal!
Relay For Life of Winnebago County event total is $55,205.02
plus event money that has been turned in to date for above feeder events totaling $17,980.00 equals our
GRAND TOTAL: $73,185.02
Thank you to our top individual fundraisers:
Dick Larson of First
Presbyterian Church $3,400.00
Anna Kennay of Soul Sisters $2,713.00
Dougal Whitmer of Women in Aerospace $2,300.90
Thank you to our Top
Gold Teams ($5000-$7499): Women in Aerospace $5,553.40
Silver Teams ($3500-$4999): Soul Sisters $4,476.08
Bronze Teams ($2500-$3499): First Presbyterian Church $3,400, Rusty Relayers $2,500
Rising Stars ($1000-$2499): GOTT-HOVEY, Cleo, Rockford IceHogs Booster Club, Mac Attack Too, Energetic Eight, Walgreens292, Walk for Charlotte
TOGETHER WE CAN REACH OUR FUNDRAISING GOAL! Every dollar raised helps us get closer to our goal. $100 could give a cancer patient a free wig or give 10 cancer patients a ride to treatment. Please remember that you can continue to turn in donations until August 31st, 2015 and they can be counted towards your fundraising goal! Also, don’t forget to check your email if you raised over $250 individually, certificates will begin to be emailed within 12 days of our event.
While we have taken the last lap at Rockford Christian School we can continue to grow the Relay For Life movement. Be sure to continue to fundraise this summer! Here are some great fundraising tips:
1) Bark For Life of Pecatonica – Bring your puppies out to their very own Relay on Saturday, August 29th 9am-12pm! Each dog will receive a Bark For Life Bandana! Lots of fun for our four legged friends and their humans! Register today at: relayforlife.org/barkpecatonicail
2) Relay For Life of Jefferson High School – Sponsors, donate, participate, fundraise for this student led and organized Relay For Life event that will take place on Saturday, Septemember 19th 6pm-6am. Visit their website for more details: relayforlife.org/jeffersonhsil
3) Hold a 5K Run
4) Hold a 4th of July Cook Out
5) Do a Share Night at a local restaurant
6) Have a car wash / pet wash
7) Mail letters to family/friends to ask for donations and include pictures from this year's Relay event - they may want to join you in 2016
8) Send a picture you took at your Relay For Life event to all your family and friends. A picture says so much more and will inspire people to keep on giving
9) Post your Relay for Life experience on Facebook with the fundraising app. Your stores about how the event made an impact on you and our efforts to fight cancer will inspire your Facebook friends to give. Be sure to use #RelayForLife when posting.
10) Hold a Bowl-A-Thon, a Read-A-Thon, a Walk-A-Thon, a Grill-A-Thon, a garage sale, a cookout, a Holiday Party and more!
American Cancer Society Action Cancer Network (ACS CAN) is the nation’s leading cancer advocacy organization that is working every day to make cancer issues a national priority and is holding lawmakers accountable for their words and their actions. We demand that our leaders not only talk about fighting cancer but take real steps toward decreasing the number of people suffering and dying from cancer. Congratulations to Relay For Life Event of Winnebago County for surpassing your goal of 10 ACS CAN club members. Membership is just $10.00 per year and gives you the opportunity to make your voice heard! For more information on becoming a member contact Tammy English at firstname.lastname@example.org.
WRAP UP MEETING Thursday, July 9, 2015 at 6:00pm at the American Cancer Society Office, 4312 E. State St., Rockford, IL. Team Captains please be sure to attend to receive your team's certificates. This is a great opportunity to share ideas, give us your feedback and join the 2016 planning team!
SHARE YOUR EXPERIENCE on our Facebook page and show everyone what a great time
you had. Be sure to tag the photos that are already posted. Facebook page:www.facebook.com/relayforlifewinnebagoil
Please be sure to give a HUGE thank you to your Event Leadership
Ron Allen, Robert Augustyn, Thom McNally, Fred Showers, Rebecca Spriggs, Lexi Such, Taylor Such, Marsha Wirth, Cassandra Wooden, Janet Zarembski
The American Cancer Society Relay For Life is the world's largest and most impactful fundraising event to end cancer. It unites communities across the globe to celebrate people who have battled cancer, remember loved ones lost, and take action to finish the fight once and for all. Today, with the support of thousands of volunteers like you, the American Cancer Society is helping save more than 400 lives a day. And we won't stop until we finish the fight against cancer! Please join us!
Event sponsored by: