Participate in This Event or find another event
Saturday, May 30, 2015
Pascack Valley High School
200 Piermont Ave, Hillsdale, NJ Map it
Already a participant?
Log in here
Total above may not reflect all participants, teams, and donations
LET'S GET READY TO RELAY!
*Luminaria bags are no longer available for purchase online--they will be available for purchase tomorrow at Relay For Life.*
HERE ARE SOME REMINDERS FOR THE 2015 RELAY FOR LIFE OF THE PASCACK VALLEY.
1. Event times: 4pm-6am
2. Show up to start setting up your campsite beginning at 12pm
3. Bring the items that are listed in this packet. This document was distributed at Bank Night.
4. All overflow parking will be at the Meadowbrook School and Stony Brook Swim Club.
Shuttle buses from these parking lots will run from:
· 4:00 pm - 7:00 pm
· 11:00 pm - midnight
· 5:00 am - 7:00 am
5. There will be police personnel and security on site at all times. We will be conducting random searches of tent sites and personal baggage.
6. Bring money for fundraisers, donations, and purchases at the event.
7. Be sure to stop at Registration to pick up your wristband and check in.
8. The schedule for Relay is as follows:
a. 12:00 pm – Set up Tents – You can come at 12:00, set up your tent and come back later
b. 4:30 pm – Registration opens
c. 6:30 pm – Opening Ceremony& Survivor/Caregiver Lap
d. 8:00 pm – Fight Back Ceremony
e. 10:00 pm – Luminary Ceremony
f. 11:15 pm – Spirit of Relay Ceremony
g. 12:00 Midnight – Latest Pick up for those not spending the night
h. 2:00 am – Pancakes offered by Giulio’s from Tappan
i. 4:40 am – Yoga
j. 5:00 am – Closing Ceremony
k. 5:30 am – Closing Lap
l. 5-6 am – Clean Up – All Participants- We will be providing trash bags. All campsites have been
assigned so we will know if you didn't clean up.
9. Please remember to donate TWO cans of food that will be used to weigh down the Luminaria Bags.
The food will be donated to the River Vale and Hillsdale Food Banks.
10. Food will be available most of the night starting at 5 pm on Saturday.
11. Pascack Valley HS must be immaculate on Sunday morning when the Relay is over. Please be considerate, clean up your tent site and lend a hand to the Committee by cleaning the track. As they say, many hands make light work. We will provide garbage bags and again we know who is responsible for each campsite.
12. There will be a “friendly competition” for Best Team Spirit, Team Flag, Miss Relay and other surprise categories. Please show your enthusiasm by reflecting your team, decorating your banner and preparing your campsite. The attached list of laps are subject to change to accommodate any changes to the program. Please be flexible.
ALL ARE WELCOME AT RELAY FOR LIFE!
SEE YOU ON THE TRACK TOMORROW!
Can you raise $48 in 48 hours and help us raise $48,000 before Relay even begins?! We'll select a grand prize winner to be announced at Relay For Life on Saturday. Challenge begins on May 28 at 12:00am and will go until May 29th at 11:59pm.
Thank you to all those who joined us at Bank Night on May 20! It was a huge success. If you did not make it to Bank Night and have youth participation forms to hand in they must be submitted to Kaitlin by FRIDAY, MAY 22, 2015.
Please click here for our informational packet that includes everything you need to know for next week's Relay For Life of The Pascack Valley!
Follow us on Social Media!
Want to get the most up-to-date Relay For Life of The Pascack Valley information directly to your phone? Opt in to our Text Message program--here's how:
1. Create a new text message to 22723
2. Text our event keyword: 1628
Lost your Team Captain or Team Member Guide? Waiting anxiously to receive it? Click on the link below to download them and have the most up-to-date information.
Need help fundraising? Our experts have found that sending an e-mail from your user dashboard is the quickest way for you to raise money towards your goal! If you're looking for other ideas for you and your team, feel free to download the resources below.
Are you a local business in The Pascack Valley area looking to support Relay For Life? Check out the links below for more information or contact Kaitlin at firstname.lastname@example.org
Need more information to share with your family, friends and neighbors about Relay For Life? Look no further!
Are you aged 18 or younger? We need you to fill out and return this form to the committee in order to participate in Relay For Life. Reminder: You need a Chaperone (25 years or older) for every 10 youth.
Check out this great video from the 2014 Relay For Life of The Pascack Valley! Special thanks to Arnold Scher for putting this together for us!
The American Cancer Society Relay For Life is the world's largest and most impactful fundraising event to end cancer. It unites communities across the globe to celebrate people who have battled cancer, remember loved ones lost, and take action to finish the fight once and for all. Today, with the support of thousands of volunteers like you, the American Cancer Society is helping save more than 400 lives a day. And we won't stop until we finish the fight against cancer! Please join us!
Event sponsored by: