Volunteer for Making Strides
Put your passion to work as a Making Strides Against Breast Cancer Volunteer.
Breast cancer is a personal cause to many people. Perhaps you have personally faced the disease or you have had friends or family members who have. Volunteers are the heart of the American Cancer Society and events like Making Strides walks simply could not happen without you. We need volunteers to help with important event details such as checking in walkers, handing out water at hydration stations, answering questions for participants and providing them with information, cheering on walkers, and more. Contact us about volunteer opportunities today!
Your support will bring you community together with determination, hope, empathy, caring, and passion, so no one has to walk alone.
Available Volunteer opportunities:
- Set up on Friday, October 20, 12-5pm
- Set up on Saturday, October 21, 5:30-8:00am
- Check In Volunteer on Saturday, October 21, 6:25-11am (please watch this video for more information)
- Other Volunteer Activity inside Victory Field Saturday, October 21 from 6:15-11am
- Route Cheer Stations, water stop and/or mile marker (route available here – we are looking for one group every ½ mile)
- Clean up crew Saturday, October 21, 10:30am-12:30pm
Items to note:
- Volunteers will receive a special neon orange Hope Hero T-shirt (while supplies last)
- Parking will be available in multiple garages and lots near Victory Field and will require a parking fee
- Dress for the weather – it is Indiana – could be anything that day – we recommend layers
- Children can volunteer with the exception of the registration area – This area requires 18 and over
If you would like to volunteer please register via the following link registration link prior to Friday, October 13.
We ask that each individual in your group complete the link so we have all the necessary information.
The week of the walk each volunteer group will receive detailed information of what to expect on that Friday and Saturday.
It was recently announced that there has been a 39% reduction in breast cancer death rates between 1989 and 2015- this is exciting news but we know that it is not the time to let up and your volunteering will help us continue that rate reduction! Thank you!
Would you like to lead the team or join the team?
This isn’t what I wanted.
Welcome to our Team Page. We’ve formed a team because this cause is important to us. We want to help. And walking and raising money in our local American Cancer Society Making Strides Against Breast Cancer event is the best way we can do that. We all have different reasons for participating but we share a determination to help save lives from breast cancer.
There are so many ways that the money our team raises helps. It’s helping fund innovative research. It’s providing free information for people dealing with the disease. It’s providing rides to treatment and places to stay for people who have to seek treatment far from home. In short, our money is helping save lives. Consider donating to our team and helping advance the cause.
How We Support the American Cancer Society
Of course we walk in the Making Strides Against Breast Cancer event. And we solicit donations from family, friends, and other supporters. But we also schedule fundraisers in lead-up to the big event. Bake-sales, car washes, and countless other types of events. And we promote those on social media, through Facebook and Twitter, by word of mouth, and through flyers at work and around the neighborhood. The success of fundraising events depends on two things - hard work and getting the word out. And we're out to do both. Keep an eye out for our fundraising events.
Join us. Donate today. Or walk with us.