Join us! Help the American Cancer Society save lives from breast cancer.
Fundraisers are a fun and effective way to raise money and awareness for Making Strides Against Breast Cancer. Simply by attending, you're helping to save lives from breast cancer. And you're likely to have a pretty good time. That's what we call a win-win.
Check back here often for the latest news on local fundraisers and events.
Name: Providence Bobby Brigade - Quarter Auction
Date: May 19, 2017
Time: 7 PM, Sneak Peek 6:30 PM
Location: Providence Golf Clubhouse
1518 Clubhouse Blvd.
Team Providence Booby Brigade has an exciting event coming up! Read below for more details about their quarter auction to support Polk's Strides!
WHAT IS A QUARTER AUCTION ANYWAY? In a nut shell the event is free to attend & it's fun!
- "bidding" numbered paddles are $5 each (and you may purchase multiple paddles)
- 8 or 10 direct sales vendors will have a table displaying their products, samples and literature
- each vendor will be auctioning off a gift basket of their product. For example if an Avon Reps basket is valued at $50 worth of product, in order to bid on a chance of winning that basket you must pay 5 quarters (if it's a lower value basket of product, may only be 3 quarters, still lower maybe only 2 quarters). If you've purchased multiple paddles and want more than one chance to win that round you'll need to pay the quarter bid for each paddle in the round. If you're not interested in that rounds' product, not required to bid
- the auctioneer has a random number generator app and once all bids are in and app started, if your number paddle is called (and more importantly, you bid that round) you've won that gift basket! They will keep calling the numbers until there is a winner for that round
- can't stress enough what a fun evening this is! Great opportunity to meet new people, vendors to showcase their products or services and win great stuff for just a few quarters!
- where we might not have had vendors with exclusively men's products in the past, this year we will have basket rounds with various men related products. So make sure to bring that special man in your life! He won't want to miss out!
- if you are interested in participating as a vendor you'll need to contact Jean Morgan at firstname.lastname@example.org. Jean will provide all vendor requirements and insure we don't have duplicate product lines displayed
- We've outgrown the resident clubhouse with this event and will be at the golf clubhouse. Come early for dinner, come happy & bring quarters!
Plan a Fundraiser
It could be a spaghetti dinner, auction, car wash, talent show, lemonade stand, student organization activity or almost anything you could think of. The options for fundraisers to benefit our Making Strides Against Breast Cancer event are limited only by your imagination. We can help you promote it. Submit information about your fundraiser using the link below, and we will post it here and on our local Facebook page.
Download the APP
The FUNdraising APP lets you accept credit card donations directly to your fundraising page and to solicit donations and send donation reminders via email, text message, Facebook, or Twitter. Because it allows you to fundraise from anywhere, you can accept credit card and check donations at your local fundraiser. And it makes it easier to manage your Making Strides campaign. In short, it makes it easier to raise more money and to save more lives from breast cancer.
Would you like to lead the team or join the team?
This isn’t what I wanted.
Welcome to our Team Page. We’ve formed a team because this cause is important to us. We want to help. And walking and raising money in our local American Cancer Society Making Strides Against Breast Cancer event is the best way we can do that. We all have different reasons for participating but we share a determination to help save lives from breast cancer.
There are so many ways that the money our team raises helps. It’s helping fund innovative research. It’s providing free information for people dealing with the disease. It’s providing rides to treatment and places to stay for people who have to seek treatment far from home. In short, our money is helping save lives. Consider donating to our team and helping advance the cause.
How We Support the American Cancer Society
Of course we walk in the Making Strides Against Breast Cancer event. And we solicit donations from family, friends, and other supporters. But we also schedule fundraisers in lead-up to the big event. Bake-sales, car washes, and countless other types of events. And we promote those on social media, through Facebook and Twitter, by word of mouth, and through flyers at work and around the neighborhood. The success of fundraising events depends on two things - hard work and getting the word out. And we're out to do both. Keep an eye out for our fundraising events.
Join us. Donate today. Or walk with us.