Breast cancer doesn’t just affect women. Thousands of men are diagnosed with the disease in the US every year.And so are more than 240,000 of their daughters, wives, mothers, sisters, and friends. That’s why we’re recruitingmen to fight breast cancer through Real Men Wear Pink. This distinguished group of community leaders raisesawareness and money to support the American Cancer Society’s breast cancer initiatives – and to help us savemore lives than ever before.
1. Fundraise for an American Cancer Society Making Strides Against Breast Cancer event,with the goal of reaching a minimum of $2,500
2. Wear pink throughout the month of October
3. Raise awareness through your social networks
• Exclusive prize for top fundraiser
• Reserved seating and verbal recognition at Making Strides Against Breast Cancer kickoff event(s)
• Pink ribbon lapel pin & necktie
• Official 2017 Making Strides Against Breast Cancer event t-shirt
• Recognition at Making Strides Against Breast Cancer walk
• Real Men raising $2,500 or more will get to choose a special recognition item
Kickoff events: August 9th - Crest Hollow Country Club
August 17th - Atlantis Banquets & Events
Fundraising Campaign: Jan-Dec. 2017
Making Strides Event: October 15, 2017 Jones Beach State Park Field 5
October 22, 2017 Suffolk Community College Riverhead Campus
Would you like to lead the team or join the team?
This isn’t what I wanted.
Welcome to our Team Page. We’ve formed a team because this cause is important to us. We want to help. And walking and raising money in our local American Cancer Society Making Strides Against Breast Cancer event is the best way we can do that. We all have different reasons for participating but we share a determination to help save lives from breast cancer.
There are so many ways that the money our team raises helps. It’s helping fund innovative research. It’s providing free information for people dealing with the disease. It’s providing rides to treatment and places to stay for people who have to seek treatment far from home. In short, our money is helping save lives. Consider donating to our team and helping advance the cause.
How We Support the American Cancer Society
Of course we walk in the Making Strides Against Breast Cancer event. And we solicit donations from family, friends, and other supporters. But we also schedule fundraisers in lead-up to the big event. Bake-sales, car washes, and countless other types of events. And we promote those on social media, through Facebook and Twitter, by word of mouth, and through flyers at work and around the neighborhood. The success of fundraising events depends on two things - hard work and getting the word out. And we're out to do both. Keep an eye out for our fundraising events.
Join us. Donate today. Or walk with us.