Participate in This Event or find another event
Sunday, October 16, 2016
Registration: 11:00 a.m. Walk: 1:00 p.m.
Veterans Memorial Park
1642 Dorset St, South Burlington, VT Map it
Already a participant?
Log in here
Total above may not reflect all participants, teams, and donations
The passion and support of our community was very evident on Sundayat the 9th Making Strides Against Breast Cancer Walk of Chittenden County. The sea of pink at Veterans Memorial Park - it was an amazing sight to see!
Some highlights from the day:
* NO SNOW OR RAIN!
* Strides Store & Basket Raffle filled with goodies for all - the baskets were spectacular; and there was great PINK swag!
* Grab-N-Go Snacks - perfect snack and beverages to get you energized for the walk!
* Cheerleading squads - fabulous chants, dances, and stunts!
* The Survivor Tent... free massages, lots of snacks, goodie bags and shirts for all, and the survivor raffle!
* Jamie Lee Thurston - no words... the song chosen in honor of our Caregivers... absolutely breathtaking!
* Stage Emcee's Mike & Mary from Star 92.9 & Lauren from Local 22/Local 44 - they are always so fun!
* Williston Jazzercize - getting your heart rate up and ready to go!
* Electric Youth Dance - amazing young dancers - did you see their rendition of Thriller by Michael Jackson?
* Rosie Newton - beautiful soloist singing a couple of songs; as well as our National Anthem!
* Beautiful fall foliage along our 4.5 mile walk - did you get some Ben & Jerry's ice cream along the way?
* Face painting, photo ops, corn hole, hula hoops, and mask making in the Activity Tent - share your pictures with us!
* Survivor Ceremony... our survivors walking up to the stage, holding signs "I'm Here Because of You" - so inspiring! And did you hear all their years of survivorship?! Listening them share their triumphs... truly amazing. Congratulations to all of you!!
* Three of our sponsors were onsite to present checks to our event - it was very motivating to hear their reasons/personal stories as to why they support our event! It was great to have them present and participating in our walk!
* The first ever THANK YOU BBQ - and a perfect afternoon to picnic in the park! Hundreds of participants, sponsors, survivors, and volunteers came together to celebrate our successes this year! It was wonderful to see just as many people at the end of our event as there was at the opening - sitting together with your teams and families, talking about your walk experience, celebrating your basket raffle wins...
* HUGE shout out to my Event Leadership Team and all the volunteers that worked tirelessly to make this event so special! You all are awesome; and I am so thankful for your time and dedication behind the scenes with planning, setting up on Saturday, and for being there the entire day on Sunday to support our participants - THANK YOU!
We are working as fast as we can to get all the offline registrants signed up and get all your donations posted to you and your team - and we still have more fundraising events happening before the end of the month! We are on the way to reaching our goals this year - these numbers are amazing! I am so grateful to live in a community of such giving people; thank you ALL so very much for your support!
On a final note, I hope to see you all at our Strides Wrap Up Celebration. It has been a fantastic year - a year of new excitement and energy - and I am honored to have been a part of it with you! However, for those of you that have not heard yet, next year I will be back to staffing only Relay For Life & Bark For Life of Chittenden & Franklin Counties. I'm not going far; as I will still be a part of our Making Strides event, but only as Team Captain of The Jolley Cups. I will be officially "passing the torch" to a new Community Manager that will be managing both Chittenden & Rutland County Strides events. Please join me in welcoming Dave Carmichael at our Wrap Up Celebration!
Keep making strides in the fight against cancer - every single one of you is appreciated! Together we can make a difference in so many lives in our community - so THANK YOU for being a part of it!
Community Manager 2016
CLICK THE FLICK AND JOIN US ON FACEBOOK!
We believe that everyone with breast cancer should have support.
That's why the American Cancer Society is so determined to be here for the survivors, the patients, the caregivers, and the millions saved through early detection.
Help raise funds for groundbreaking breast cancer research, life-saving education, and critical patient services by walking in the American Cancer Society Making Strides Against Breast Cancer of Making Strides of Chittenden County.
Get ready to join more than one million volunteers nationwide. When you sign up, fundraise, and participate in one of our noncompetitive, three- to five-mile walks, you will be there to support every person affected by breast cancer.
We walk to make sure that anyone touched by this disease has a hand to hold. So give us yours by taking the first steps in supporting this year's Making Strides Against Breast Cancer event.
You can start a team, or keep your team going. And keep raising awareness and donations.
Begin today! The sooner we start, the farther we'll go.
Join us now.
Sponsor our event
Volunteer at our event
View our walk details
Event sponsored by: