Participate in This Event or find another event
Sunday, October 19, 2014
3400 SE Leisure Lane, Topeka, KS Map it
Already a participant?
Log in here
Total above may not reflect all participants, teams, and donations
The fight to end breast cancer starts with a single step. Join millions of people in more than 300 communities nationwide and take that step with us at the American Cancer Society Making Strides of Topeka walk. Just a few hours of your time at our non-competitive, 5K event will help bring a lifetime of change for people facing breast cancer and their families.
Every Making Strides Against Breast Cancer (MSABC) event is an incredible and inspiring opportunity to unite as a community to honor breast cancer survivors, raise awareness about what we can do to reduce our breast cancer risk, and raise money to help the American Cancer Society fight the disease with breast cancer research, information and services, and access to mammograms for women who need them. Sign up today and let’s finish the fight against breast cancer.
Event Day Schedule:
12:00 PM- Registration opens
12:00 PM- Program/Stage Show Begins
1:00 PM- 5k walk
For the safety and integrity of our event, we ask that you please obey the following:
- All participants need to register online prior to event day or complete form at the registration table day-of event. This will ensure accurate totals of the success of your 2014 Making Strides!
- No pets of any kind (service dogs are the only exception)
- No smoking or use of tobacco products (this includes e-cigarettes)
- No alcoholic beverages
- No bikes, roller-blades, or skate boards (strollers and wheelchairs are okay)
- No politics or petitioning (this includes t-shirts/campaign buttons)
- No marketing materials (flyers, coupons, promotional items, etc.)
- No sales, vending, or fundraising
- No stationary signage
- No personal tents
Logistics & Things to Know:
- All participants will need to check-in at Shelter House #1.
- Parking is first come- first served. Parking is available in the Girls Softball Complex parking lot and along Leisure Lane.
- 2014 events t-shirts will be available for purchase at the merchandise tent- limited sizes.
- Our walk is non-competitive and will not be timed.
- Water stations and restrooms are located along the route.
- Water and a healthy snack will be provided at the finish line.
- The event is rain or shine. We reserve the right to cancel in extreme weather circumstances.
One walker’s story
Volunteer at our event
View our walk details
Event sponsored by: