2017 Victory Board
Vice President of Operations
Valerie Dunn & Kate Danowski
Vice President of Membership
Now in its 48th year of leading the way in
raising funds for the Glynn County Unit of the
American Cancer Society, the Victory Board
presents two fun-filled events that start off
the year. They will be followed by the annual
Reeling in a Cure Fishing Tournament and
band party featuring Stewart andWinfield
May 12 and 13. The year culminates with
the annual Victory Gala later this fall.
The mission and purpose of the Victory Board is to further the goals of the American Cancer Society by organizing and producing special events each VICTORY year to raise funds for the Glynn County Unit of the American Cancer Society. Through these events sponsored by Victory Board, we hope to raise money that will go toward caring and support for cancer patients, finding a cure, and finishing the fight!
Just last year in Glynn County, the Victory Board raised more than $115,000 to help 205 local patients receive aid and support in the form of 178 programs and services provided by the American Cancer Society. The below is a snapshot of American Cancer Society programs and services provided to cancer patient’s right here in our community:
- The Glynn County unit fulfilled more than 600 service requests for patients and their families.
- 24 women in cancer treatment participated in Look Good Feel Better® and received makeup tips to help them with their appearance and self-confidence at an approximate cost of $250/woman (a total of $6,000).
- 16 women received free wigs. Wigs can cost cancer patients from $40-$1,000+.
- Over 130 rides were given to and from treatment with our Road to Recovery and transportation assistance programs.
- Personal consultation and information to 105 people.
- 216 nights of lodging, free of charge at the American Cancer Society’s Hope Lodge, for cancer patients receiving treatment far from home.
Thanks in large part to research and programs funded by the Society, there are now more than 13.7 million cancer survivors in the United States. Through our partnership with the American Cancer Society, we hope to eliminate cancer – for good, and help more cancer survivors celebrate more birthdays!