What is the Associate Board of Ambassadors?
The Associate Board of Ambassadors (ABOA) is a young professionals group whose primary fundraiser is the Skyline Soiree. When you join the ABOA you will have the opportunity to network with others who are interested in making a difference in their community and in the fight against cancer. Perhaps most importantly, ABOA members have the opportunity to network with others who are interested in making a difference in their community and significantly impacting the Society’s lifesaving mission
Who is on the ABOA?
The Associate Board of Ambassadors is made up of young professionals (ages 22+) from over 20 companies throughout the Metro Detroit area. The ABOA includes young philanthropic leaders from a diverse array of industries, including: marketing, law, medical, finance, sales, and real estate.
Why join the ABOA?
Chances are that you have a lot of competing demands on your time, both in your professional and personal lives. Here are just some of benefits you will receive as a member of the Associate Board:
- Fundraise for a cause that you believe in
- Network with high-quality group of Metro Detroit professionals
- Build relationships with donating companies
- Attend premiere fundraising events
- Gain exposure to board of ambassador members
Are there dues for members of the ABOA?
There are no membership dues or fees required to join the Associate Board. The ABOA is a fundraising board, however, and members are expected to raise a minimum of $500 during the year (January 1, 2017 - December 31, 2017) through any of the following channels:
- Skyline Soiree ticket sales and sponsorship solicitation
- Silent/Live Auction item procurement
- Online fundraising
- Host a third party event fundraiser
- Personal check or cash donation
How can I/my employees join the ABOA?
Download a Membership Packet
For information and questions about the Associate Board of Ambassadors please email Jennifer DeWall Jennifer.DeWall@cancer.org