Date: Monday, January 01, 2018
Event Time: 11:00 am Reg, 12:00 pm Plunge
Contact Us: Sara Eberhardt, email@example.com or (720) 524.5402
- Gates to the Reservoir will be open at 10:00 am. Registration starts at 11:00 am.
- Registration prices will be $35 through the end of the year. Day-of registration increases to $40, so we encourage getting everyone signed up before then!
- We do accept cards, cash, and checks day-of.
- Please bring your ID if you are over the age of 21! You will not be allowed to receive your beer if you do not have a valid ID with you. Beer will only be served post-plunge! Please note: This does NOT mean people under the age of 21 aren’t allowed to participate! ANYONE can attend and plunge in the water – we just need valid ID if you are going to be enjoying a cold Avery Beer.
- After plunging, the only area you’ll be able to change into is the bathrooms. We will NOT be allowing people to change in our warming tent. You are more than welcome to come and enjoy the food, drinks, and warmth AFTER you’ve changed in the bathrooms.
Here are the details for how Plunging will work! Please read closely, as this may be different as in years past:
- We will do a quick welcome and thank you to our sponsors and participants at 12:00 pm.
- Plunging will begin at 12:05 pm. Teams will plunge in order of fundraising, starting with the teams who have fundraised the MOST. ONLY 5 PEOPLE WILL BE ALLOWED TO GO INTO THE WATER AT ONCE! This is a safety rule – we have 5 divers in the water at all times and need to ensure the safety of all our participants.
- NOTE: It will only take a few minutes per team to complete their dip in the cool water! Please be prepared with ALL of your team members at 12:00 pm! You will be called off based on your fundraising.
- In between teams plunging, we will have our individual participants who are not associated with a team plunge in the water.
Want to bump your team up in line for plunging?! You can do that by asking for donations to your team page! Visit www.boulderpolarplunge.org and login!
Just as a reminder, here are our exciting new features at the Boulder Polar Plunge – we have a lot of great community partners that we would like to thank for making this happen!
- The first 500 registered plungers will receive a branded towel, courtesy of Boulder Community Health!
- Each registered plunger* will receive a complimentary beer, thanks to Avery Brewery for their generous donation.
- Hot coffee and specialty drinks will be handed out to participants, thanks to Caribou Coffee.
- Einstein Bagels will be provided for our participants.
- Blackjack Pizza will be donating pizzas for you to enjoy in the warming tent!
Be sure to follow us on social media! Facebook: www.facebook.com/polarplungeboulder
*Must be 21+ with a valid ID in order to receive your beer. Beer will only be handed out post-plunge.