Date: Saturday, April 22, 2017
Location: Soldier Field, Stadium Green
Time: Site opens at 8:30 AM. Routes begin at 10AM.
Please click the links below for the 2017 Route Maps:
Walk and Run Route Map
Bike Route Map
Skate Route Map
Like Us On Facebook
Like Walk & Roll's Facebook page for event updates, health tips, fundraising ideas and more: www.facebook.com/walkroll
The registration fee per participant is a non-refundable $15. Children 17 and under are free. This fee will be credited toward your fundraising goal.
What to Expect - EVENT PROGRAM COMING SPRING 2017
Walk & Roll is a family friendly fundraising event to benefit the American Cancer Society. Beginning in Chicago in 1971 as a bike-a-thon, Walk & Roll is now a unique “party with a purpose” that brings thousands together in the fight against cancer. We celebrate the fight against all cancers. All are welcome.
Participants can select from a 5K walk, 5K run, 10K skate, or 15K bike. You can participate individually or form a team with co-workers, friends and family members.
- Schedule of Events: The Event Program will be updated.
- Maps: View our 2017 Site Map in the Spring.
- Parking & Drop-off Map: We will have a unload/load zone off of Museum Campus Drive with
volunteers to help assist teams in unloading and relocating items to your tent
area. This area will be open for team drop offs from 7:30-8:30 a.m. This area
is also the designated drop off location for participants with special needs.
Please click here for a map of the unloading zone.
- Parking: Parking will be available at Waldron Parking Deck located next to Soldier Field, Stadium Green for $20. Please also consider using public transportation to join us at Soldier Field.
- Pets: Service animals only please.
- Weather: Walk & Roll will take place rain or shine. Please dress accordingly and bring layers.
- Accessibility: All routes are wheelchair and stroller accessible.
- Safety: Helmets and other protective gear are required for bikers and skaters. Please obey all lakeshore path direction of traffic rules.
- Celebrate with us: Participants are welcome to bring signs and posters to carry on the routes. Many will picnic and enjoy the entertainment around Soldier Field before and after the event. Participants are welcome to bring charcoal grills, athletic equipment, games, etc. and to join in with others celebrating their efforts in the fight against cancer (post event picnic is optional).
- Team Tent Rental: Team tent rental is now available on a first-come first-serve basis and will be open until Friday, April 7, 2017, or until spaces sell out. Please complete the online
tent rental form to secure your tent location at our event site. Once
completed, you will receive a confirmation notice and an ACS staff partner will
reach out to you with additional information closer to the event day. If you have any questions, please review our Team Tent FAQs.
- Food for purchase and bringing food: Teams can bring food from home to Walk & Roll. Corner Bakery is the preferred food vendor of Walk & Roll Chicago. If you are interested in catering from Corner Bakery for the day of event, please contact Samantha at Samantha.Kuderna@cancer.org.
- Free Bicycle & Skate Valet for cycling & skate participants.
- Walk & Roll branded fundraising incentive pick-up: Available for pickup at the event for those who qualify. Check out the 2017 Incentive Prizes.
Cancer Survivors & Caregivers Celebration
Cancer survivors and caregivers have access to the Survivors Tent. Here you will meet fellow survivors and caregivers, enjoy breakfast and share stories, participate in fun activities and receive a special gift. Survivors unable to participate on the routes may also spend time here while family and friends are on the routes.
Visit our Survivor Resource Center for Walk & Roll updates, American Cancer Society information and wellness tips specifically for surviviors.
We challenge each participant to set a goal of $100. Individuals who raise $100 or more will receive an event long sleeve tech shirt at Walk & Roll. While we do not have a participant fundraising minimum, we highly encourage you and your team to set your goal as a number that is meaningful to you and share why you selected that amount when you ask friends, family, coworkers, and neighbors to make a donation. We have many tools to help you succeed and will be here to support you along the way!
Use your creativity or put your skills to work and host a fundraiser of your own! Walk & Roll staff are happy to answer additional questions about fundraising and how your dollars are making an impact right here in our community. The 2017 Fundraising Incentive Program is coming soon.
All fundraising money, including matching gifts, must be postmarked on or before June 30, 2017 to qualify for awards, prizes and team/individual rankings.
Money turned in beginning October 1, 2017 will be credited to your 2018 team to qualify for 2018 prizes & incentives.
Contact us at email@example.com or (312) 960-2321.
Questions? Contact Samantha Kuderna firstname.lastname@example.org(312) 960-2321or view Online Help